S-019 - Shutdown Management
The Shutdown Management Business Process is a structured process for managing plant shutdowns. The principles of the process are based on the risks to the business, in terms of assets, people, environment and reputation.
A successful Shutdown is
completing the Shutdown scope on time, within budget and to HSE targets
“Flawless” Shutdown, Commissioning and Start-up including a next cycle operation not hampered by flaws originating from the Shutdown.
Implementation of a structured Shutdown Business process will improve the effectiveness of doing the right things and the efficiency of doing things right.
The key features of a Shutdown Management Business Process are:
- A clear Shutdown Management Business Process and Strategy assessment
- A timely kick-off during which the premises are set and a “leader” is appointed.
- A structured challenge of the work scope by a multi-disciplined team, with a risk assessment based methodology.
- A peer review of selected high cost / duration items aimed at finding lower cost / duration alternatives, followed by freezing the work scope.
- A shutdown contracts strategy, incl. timely award of contract(s)
- A tough business hurdle for all new work which emerges after the “freeze”.
- A detailed computerized integrated execution plan based on a critical path made by a multi-discipline team. Involvement of contractor(s) in this. This is accomplished with sufficient time for mobilization and preparation of infrastructure.
- A shutdown decontamination workshop.
- Execution as a seamless and integrated process including communication plan, formal handover.
- Quality management in every step of the process. Including readiness reviews.
- A post implementation review while the experience is still fresh. Feedback from this review to all the process steps.
Triple EEE has all the experience to make your Shutdown Management a success. We can assist in the overall process, but also help with elements like a Decontamination workshop.
SEND ME AN EMAIL
Contact Michel Lensink
Michel LensinkGeneral Manager Support
Do you have questions about how we can help your company?
Send me an email and we’ll get in touch shortly.