S-063 - Contract Tactics for Development and Projects
Take the list of potential contracts and ensure each has an estimate of its value. For each contract, evaluate the client view: what is the spend as fraction of project total, and what is the risk of contractor defaults.
Tabulate the answers.
For the first contract, list the likely bidders and evaluate the contractor’s view: what fraction of his turnover is it, and how attractive is the work. Use market intelligence to answer this.
Repeat for each contract, and tabulate the answers.
Combine the client/contractor views to determine the kind of relationship that such a contract would bring.
Based on this. propose tactics for each contract: how to bid, how to award, how the pay.
- A client view of each contract
- Contractor views of each contract
- Analysis of all client/contractor relationships
- Tender tactics for each contract
- Payment structure for each contract
- A Contract Engineering work plan
A 2 day workshop with the client development team will deliver the result stated.