T-110 - Introduction to Materials and Corrosion
The course covers the basics of materials selection and the different types of corrosion and degradation followed by all the corrosion mechanisms in the refining/petrochemical Industry.
Corrosion prevention, corrosion monitoring, quality and failure analysis and FFS (Fit For Service Analysis) will also be covered.
Starting corrosion engineers, inspection engineers and maintenance / operations staff who are involved with materials and corrosion issues.
This course will develop competencies (skills and knowledge) in the following areas:
- Materials selection Quality issues relating to materials
- Basics of corrosion
- The different corrosion mechanisms
- Specific corrosion and degradation problems in the Petro-chemical Industry
- Corrosion prevention, monitoring and control
- Failure analysis
- The Risk Based Inspection (RBI) process in relation to Integrity Management
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Competences addressed
- Corrosion engineering
- Reliability engineering
This course can be arranged for at client’s location and can be tailored to the client’s wishes.
Send me an email
Contact Michel Lensink
Michel LensinkGeneral Manager Support
Do you have questions about how we can help your company?
Send me an email and we’ll get in touch shortly.