T-271 - Surface Facilities for Oil and Gas
This course is a broad introduction to oil and gas development. It conveys a background understanding of the origins of oil and gas, how sub-surface developments are decided and how these link with the selection of the surface facilities development.
Primary surface oil and gas production systems are covered including onshore & offshore systems, floating & subsea systems, gas & oil processing, pipelines, oil terminals and tankers.
Fresh graduates in engineering from universities or technical colleges or staff with up to 10 years work experience.
Experienced Technical Professionals looking to develop theoretical competence or Project Managers who seek greater understanding of the process and mechanical design of plants.
By the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of the different types of oil and gas reservoirs and how they can be developed from a subsurface perspective.
You will be able to link the selection of the sub-surface development to the choices for the surface handling and product export facilities.
You will appreciate the technical differences between the major concepts for offshore production systems; fixed structures, floating systems and subsea systems. You will also have seen examples of typical onshore production systems and learnt about pipelines, export terminal and tanker transport.
You will also have an introduction to the principles of project development including handling uncertainties and risk the basics of HSE management.
You will appreciate the important role of Operations and the management of wells and reservoir production throughout field life.
- Origins of Oil & Gas, Exploration Techniques and Subsurface Developmen
- Primary Surface Production Systems including Oil & Gas Processing, Water Handling, Crude Desalting, Water Injection, Wax Treatment, Hydrate Management, Gas De-hydration, NGL & LPG Extraction
- Offshore and Onshore Production Systems including Pipelines, Export Terminals and Tankers
- Offshore Structures
- Floating Production Systems, Subsea Engineering & Flow Assurance
- Basic Project Development principles including handling Uncertainties, HSE and Managing Risk
- Operations and Well & Reservoir Management
Send me an email
Contact Michel Lensink
Michel LensinkGeneral Manager Support
Do you have questions about how we can help your company?
Send me an email and we’ll get in touch shortly.