T-310 - Shutdown Management
The course focuses on
- Understanding the role of maintenance,
- The effect maintenance has on business performance,
- The techniques and skills required for managing maintenance activities.
Graduates in mechanical, electrical, civil or instrument engineering from universities or technical colleges with 5 to 10 years of total work experience and at least 3 years of field experience preferably in the maintenance of refineries, gas or chemical plants.
This course will provide participants with theoretical and practical skills necessary to:
- Explain and apply the knowledge of economics of plant performance, utilisation and availability
- Explain and apply the knowledge of key elements of managing human resources
- Explain and apply all the steps in the shutdown management business process like HSE, setting premises, scope optimization, decontamination workshops, critical path challenge workshops, execution, contractor management, flawless and quality management.
- Apply effective shutdown techniques and use managerial tools to achieve optimum results
- Select and use relevant performance indicators
- Decontamination techniques
- Developing budgets
- Recognise/satisfy customer needs/expectation
- Using IT for controlling/improving work results
- Building and maintaining teams
- Quality Management
- Reviewing and monitoring business performance
Candidates should have gathered sufficient work experience and displayed the aptitude to take on responsibilities for managing shutdowns in a refinery, gas or chemical plant.
Basic knowledge about the processes in these plants is a requirement.
In this shutdown Management course, the participants are given an opportunity to work with real cases.
The course is very interactive in learning how to manage your shutdowns.
All the tools and techniques will be explained and participants will work on the cases to develop a total plan for improving the shutdown management performance. Also soft issues to manage change will be addressed.
This course can be arranged for at client’s location and can tailored to the client’s wishes.
Send me an email
Michel LensinkGeneral Manager Support
Do you have questions about how we can help your company?
Send me an email and we’ll get in touch shortly.